The Inquiry planning to hold at least two hearings this year, one on the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Edinburgh in early spring and one on the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Campus, Glasgow in late spring.
24 April to 05 May 2023
The April hearing will be focused on the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People and the Department for Clinical Neurosciences in Edinburgh.
- A procedural hearing will be held on Monday 06 March 2023
- Topics for this hearing will include:
- the matters that could not be completed in the May 2022 diet
- the development of the reference design
- the procurement exercise
- the contract
- the period to financial close
- Hearings may extend for an additional week if necessary
12 to 23 June 2023
This June hearing will focus on the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
- A procedural hearing will be held on Monday 20 March 2023
- The list of topics is currently being finalised but will likely cover a number of issues, including:
- The nature, function and location of the hospital
- The diagnosis and treatment of childhood cancer
- Concerns about the water, drainage and ventilation systems
- Staff concerns about the incidence of infection and the possibility of links to the built environment
- Practical impacts upon patients, families and staff of infection concerns and of issues with the built environment
- The clinical impacts of infection and of the risk of infection
- Communication with staff and with patients and families.
Witness statements and document bundles will be released at least a week before each hearing.